Formed by bringing together both local Bedford Park & West London residents with an interest in the area & in the arts, with poets, theatre people, local historians, critics, Yeatsians & many who simply love English & Irish literature & drama, we’ve quickly gained enthusiasm, energy and support from the widest possible range of sources in Britain, Ireland, the US & internationally, from local community organisations to international academic conferences & societies.
We’re now a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (Registration# 1172224) with formally registered Aims & Objectives:
- To advance art & to advance education in the works of WB Yeats & the history & heritage of Bedford Park for the benefit of the public, by the provision of a public artwork in commemoration of the life & works of the Nobel-prizewinning Irish poet & dramatist WB Yeats.
- To promote the enhancement & improvement of the area of Bedford Park for the public benefit by the provision of a public artwork.
- Rowan Williams (Baron Williams of Oystermouth PC FBA FRSL FLSW)
- Martin Enright (Hon. Pres., The Yeats Society, Sligo)
- Fergal Keane (Author & Broadcaster)
- Marie Heaney (Author)
- Ciarán Hinds (Actor)
- Eavan Boland (Poet)
- Fr. Kevin Morris (Vicar of St. Michael & All Angels, Bedford Park, Trustee & Chair)
- Polly Devlin OBE (Author, Trustee)
- Cahal Dallat (Poet & Musician, Trustee & Hon.Sec.)
- Gerald McGregor (Councillor, Hon.Treas.)
- Matthew Fay (Academic)
- Torin Douglas (Former BBC Media Correspondent, Director of Chiswick Book Festival)