Formed by bringing together both local Bedford Park and West London residents with an interest in the area and the arts, and by poets, theatre people, local historians, critics, Yeatsians and many who simply love English and Irish literature and drama, we’ve quickly gained enthusiasm, energy and support from the widest possible range of sources in Britain, Ireland, the US and internationally, from local community organisations to international academic conferences and societies.
We’re now a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (Registration# 1172224) with formally registered Aims & Objectives:
- To advance art and to advance education in the works of WB Yeats and the history and heritage of Bedford Park for the benefit of the public, by the provision of a public artwork in commemoration of the life and works of the Nobel-prizewinning Irish poet and dramatist WB Yeats.
- To promote the enhancement and improvement of the area of Bedford Park for the public benefit by the provision of a public artwork.
- Rowan Williams (Baron Williams of Oystermouth PC FBA FRSL FLSW)
- Martin Enright (Hon. Pres., The Yeats Society, Sligo)
- Fergal Keane (Author & Broadcaster)
- Marie Heaney (Author)
- Ciarán Hinds (Actor)
- Eavan Boland (Poet)
- Fr. Kevin Morris (Vicar of St. Michael & All Angels, Bedford Park, Trustee & Chair)
- Polly Devlin OBE (Author, Trustee)
- Cahal Dallat (Poet & Musician, Trustee & Hon.Sec.)
- Gerald McGregor (Councillor, Hon.Treas.)
- Matthew Fay (Academic)
- Torin Douglas (Former BBC Media Correspondent, Director of Chiswick Book Festival)